Our Planet. Our Responsibility.
Science-based management approaches to ensuring sustainable practices
Sustainability and resource efficiency must be a top priority for everyone, from individuals to large corporations.
We believe change can only happen with hard work and commitment, and we are determined to assume the role and do our part to contribute to the path towards a more sustainable world for future generations.
Responsible Sourcing, Product Quality, and Environmental Standards
We acknowledge the growing need for a diversified procurement program, that screens products for sustainability. This is the reason why we have established a purchasing policy geared towards sourcing food from responsible partners.
- Yearly third-party audits for safe food handling based on stringent international guidelines recognized by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) or GMP principles.
- Strict supplier criteria to maintain best-in-class product quality standards.
- 100% of suppliers conform to GFSI and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Rule on Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food.
Industry Accreditations and Recognitions
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP)
- Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Sustainable Fish Partnership (SFP)
- Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC)
- Food Alliance
- SCS Global
- Global G.A.P.
Recyclable Packaging Goals
We recognize large corporations’ responsibility in the global efforts to fight climate change and decrease plastic and other non-recyclable packaging consumption. Quirch Foods maintains an ongoing effort and commitment to achieve 100% recyclable packaging across our proprietary brands.
Every step counts! Today, we have achieved a transition of up to 60% recycled material for master cases and retail packaging.
Green Project – Reducing Carbon Footprint
Paper recycling program – Quirch Foods has committed to recycling programs across its facilities and works directly with local paper recycling companies to collect and recycle all paper materials throughout the organization.
Automatic lighting turn-off devices – Energy conservation is key. In the past two years, the organization has retrofitted all lights switches and sensors with automatic devices to significantly reduce the use of electricity when a room or warehouse is unoccupied.
Paperless data collection and storage – As part of our commitment to reducing the consumption of paper, the organization has transitioned to paperless data collection and storage disciplines and works with its staff to train and educate the employees on the importance and benefits of going paperless.
Plastic stretch wrap recycling program – Quirch works with local recycling companies to discard and properly recycle all its plastic film, cardboard materials, and pallets.
LED lights with auto-dim sensors – Actively working to update all facilities with LED lighting and automatic dimming sensors.
GHG Emissions Management
- We are optimizing our network to be closer to our customers, reducing miles and improving service.
- Reduction of food waste with state-of-the-art facilities, technology, and proprietary programs such as SUSPENDED FRESH®
- Manage product demand more effectively, allowing suppliers to plan better.
Quirch Foods is actively engaged in helping the world transition to a low-carbon future.
We recognize that climate change is an ongoing issue that warrants attention across all aspects of our business. We are committed to environmental stewardship by actively engaging in sustainable practices throughout our operations.