Your Family and Ours in Safe Hands.
Quality Assurance at Quirch Foods is overseen by our in-house QA management team, which has over 50 years of combined experience in Food Safety and Compliance.
We receive and distribute over 200,000 fresh and frozen food cases every day. This is the food that your families, and ours, buy at their local supermarkets and restaurants, and we want to ensure they’re handled properly.
Our efforts incorporate product inspection, process management, and regulatory compliance with both Federal and State food safety and labeling protocols.
// Program Overview
Quality Assurance, Compliance & H.A.C.C.P. Certifications
Our program consists of:
- HACCP plans at all distribution centers.
- In-house inspections of all products upon arrival.
- Yearly third-party audits for safe food handling based on stringent international guidelines recognized by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) or GMP principles.
- SQF Certified at 7 Distribution Centers, with 2 onsite certified SQF Practitioners.
- On-site inspections by USDA and USDC as required.
- Traceability – (One up / One down) every case is tagged with a unique bar-coding number, which enables us to track throughout the supply chain, from the receiving to the end-user, above and beyond the requirements under the FDA Modernization Act.
- All Imported shipments and domestic product shipments longer than 4 hours transit time have Electronic Supply Chain Temperature Monitoring Devices required of all our suppliers. The data is downloaded upon arrival and checked for any possibility of temperature abuse during transport to the final point of unloading.
There are many programs in place both in the U.S and Globally, designed to ensure food safety. We feel it is of the utmost importance to make sure that we do everything we can to confirm compliance for ourselves.
Our QA Management Personnel performs yearly on-site inspections and food safety audits of our overseas suppliers. We inspect facilities throughout Asia and the Americas as well as assist our suppliers in bringing their operations into compliance with HACCP and other recognized food safety management programs including compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act. Although the cost is significant, this is a sound investment for us to ensure that the products we procure are safe and wholesome.
At Quirch Foods, we are committed to providing safe quality foods to our customers. We maintain multiple food safety and quality assurance programs. This is secured with a dedicated, trained, Food Safety Quality Development Team, committed to assuring all regulations and customer requirements are met.
Taking action for a
Sustainable and high-quality supply is the cornerstone of Quirch Foods’ procurement policy. We acknowledge the growing need for a diversified procurement program, which screens products for sustainability by our Quality Assurance team. For this reason, we have established a purchasing policy geared towards sourcing products from responsible producers and farming operations. We source our products from suppliers and farms managed in a responsible manner and rely on competent national authorities that employ science-based management approaches to ensure sustainable harvests.
At Quirch Foods, we support the sustainable food practices of:
Best Aquaculture Practices — BAP
Marine Stewardship Council — MSC
World Wildlife Fund — WWF
Sustainable Fish Partnership — SFP
Aquaculture Stewardship Council — ASC
Quality Foods Purveyors Since 1967.
Let one of our Expert Associates show you how Quirch can help your business.